Professional Reader 80% Reviews Published 100 Book Reviews

quinta-feira, 11 de fevereiro de 2016

The Mother Road by Meghan Quinn




I was given an ARC in exchange of an honest review.


Never in a million years would I have pictured myself as an axe-wielding, dragon lady, chopping up multi-colored flannel shirts into my very own plaid mulch. But here I am, chopping away my frustrations.

It all started when my brother, Paul, convinced me to go on one last family road trip across the Mother Road with him and my dad.. Just like old times, right? Wrong. What Paul fails to mention is his best man, Porter, will be joining us, who just so happens to be my childhood crush and the man who broke my heart four years ago.

What is supposed to be a fun, family bonding experience across Route 66 turns into a war of pranks, awkward moments and bathrooms full of dirty flannel shirts and day old beard clippings. Paul’s know-it-all attitude and Porter’s devilish charm brings me to the brink of my sanity on my seven day trek across the United States with three bearded men in a small 1980’s RV.
 




OMG. I think I found another favorite author. I had the great pleasure to read The Virgin Romance Novelist in january or december, I´m not so certain about the month, but I loved it. And The mother road. does not stays behind. Au contraire, is even better. It´s extremely hilarious, I laugh so hard, my bed shake it and my husband woke up. And it´s also sweet, gross (Oh yeah, it has a lot of gross moments), tender, steamy-hot.
I loved every little thing about it.
The relationship between the McMann family is one of the most beautiful I had ever seen. Glory and Bernie forever.
Paul is a show apart. I could totally envision Ross Geller as Paul McMann, when he was having one of his groom-zilla moments, OMG, what was that? Sometimes I want it to get in the book and shake some manliness into him, LOL.

I cried a lot reading the letters left to Porter and Marley, by her mom. The end was just perfect like everything else.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário